Sunday, April 17, 2011

Say something, or be funny.

Some ads have really been pointless. they have nothing to add, nothing new to tell, but simply want to show up so that we don't forget them.

TATA Docomo, which was doing so well with ads for the introduction of 3G, and the graphic ones for their regular mobile ads has now resorted to bring their brand ambassador, Ranbir Kapoor for a series of very mildly meaningful/funny ads. I laugh better when I see a kitten try and miss when it tries to catch a cockroach with its paws.




On the other hand, we have "Frooti", a mango drink brand. Their plan is simple - we have the customers, lets just make them laugh and reach out for more of them. Their ads are completely pointless, since they don't have anything new to tell. But their ads are totally funny, especially in the country where there are hundreds of action-based reality shows/games. So, they just picked one of them and made a joke out of themselves.



Their motto - "Why Grow Up?"
After looking at the video and having a sip of Frooti, you will agree.

As a kid, I used to dance in the middle of the road in front of the shop to convince my parents into buying me a "Mango Frooti". And this video only takes me back to those days.




If your ad is going to be pointless, atleast be hilarious.

8 comments:

  1. The Frooti ad does remind me of those old time..great post..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't it? love the ad, and the producct :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the docomo ad also works... i'm sure there are ppl who find some of the jokes funny. More importantly, you highlight the mistakes of other operators, while not promising too much on your side! perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Retardo - I write what I feel. There are ads that I find good, and I praise them. Check out my other posts, you'll get what I'm trying to say...

    ReplyDelete
  5. i guess the target audience of the docomo ad is shown in the ad itself ;)

    ReplyDelete